Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What you've all been waiting for

On Friday morning at 7:56, our 3rd son was born at Brookwood Medical Center. He weighed 8 pounds and 6 ounces and was 20 3/4 inches long. His name is Charlie Lane. He is perfection. These pictures are a glimpse into his birth day.





The day started out bright and early for the big brothers to be. Everyone was anxiously awaiting Charlie's arrival as our family filled up the waiting room.


Huett, never one to pose for the camera was especially excited. He was very worried about seeing his mommy and started crying for me about an hour before I got into a room.


Sam loved everything about this whole day! He was bouncing off the walls with excitement.


Once Charlie finally did arrive, Huett wanted to hold him first. He takes this very seriously. He is so gentle and careful with him, just like we knew he would be. He is such a big helper.



Anytime Huett sees someone else holding him he whispers to me, "I want you to hold him." Not jealousy at all, just overprotective. It's really sweet. And whenever Charlie cries he stops what he's doing and gets me to help him until we get him to stop crying.




Sam is a little more rambunctious with him. He said, " I love him so much!" And he'll say " CHaaalllliiiieee" and he'll give him kisses.





notice how someone is having to hold his head back as he gets kisses. He tends to get a little rough sometimes.



Here they all are in their matching 1-2-3 t-shirts that my mom made them. They were so stinking cute!





Our first family photo. Not the greatest in the world, but it is what it is.





This is the first time I got to hold him. He was grunting a lot and we were all really worried about that. Thankfully, the nurse that bathed him was great and she was able to clear his lungs out and he never had any more problems with that.




This was right after his bath. We were all surprised about how much we thought that he looked like Sam. Now, though, it's a few days later and all the people from my side of the family think he looks just like Chad when he was a baby. I just think he is the most handsome little boy.



Charlie and I were snuggling right when I came back from the operating room. I love this picture. He just looks so peaceful and sweet.



Hi everyone!! I'm here! The nurses all kept talking about how strong he was and how they couldn't believe his strength. He was already lifting his head and kicking so hard. I told them I wasn't surprised at all. This is exactly what I've been trying to tell people for weeks!!!




So sweet. He doesn't cry much but when he does, everyone knows about it!!
All in all, everything went off without a hitch. He nurses well, he sleeps better than I expected and we are all making the necessary adjustments that a newborn requires. I am in love all over again, and am so thankful to have such a happy, healthy family! It's amazing how your heart just grows to make room every single time. There is no division of love, it just doubles!
Keep us all in your thoughts and prayers as we enjoy our sleepless nights and all the excitement a new baby brings!

1 comment: