Monday, April 27, 2009


I can't even believe I am complaining about this, but it is 80+ degrees outside and I am in a newborn nursery that is approximately 400 square feet with 14 babies, 2 doctors, 3 nurses, a nursing assistant, and a secretary and our air conditioning isn't working!!! It is sweltering and I feel like there should be steam rising off of me! We are on the fourth floor so imagine all the heat that is rising from below. It's all I can think about. I don't actually even mind the heat...that's when I am at home and in shorts and a tank top or even better yet, in the yard, in my bathing suit by the kiddie pool which is where we spent all weekend. But when I am stuck in this sauna, in my scrub pants, tank top, scrub top, socks and tennis shoes (which is the worst part b/c my feet can't breathe) it is almost to the point of unbearable. So all of you sitting at your desks or at home in a wonderful cooling air conditioner think of me... 5 months pregnant, and packed in here with screaming babies and say a little prayer b/c as the temperature rises outside, the trend will follow in here. Even worse, think of my poor husband or dad who works outside all day everyday...maybe I'll stop complaining now.

No comments:

Post a Comment