Friday, January 16, 2009

Back In Business


Okay, so I am writing alot of these posts in retrospect. These pictures are the very first pictures I have ever taken with my new camera(a Nikon D40 digital SLR) The first one is of my beautiful Christmas tree that we have in our den. It is the pinnacle of all of my Christmas decorations. It is a 9 foot pre-lit tree with white lights. My mom and I added all of the colored lights. My granny made the pretty bow that tops it. Doesn't it look like something out of a Martha Stewart catalogue?? Okay maybe I am a little biased. The boys wanted to take the glass balls off of it and throw them like basketballs so I had to rearrange some of my favorite breakable ornaments out of their reach. Christmas will be here soon and I have succesfully done some of my "Santa" shopping for the boys online...why didn't I start doing that a long time ago?? Someone told me that all of the sales that everyone goes bananas for after Thanksgiving are all online like at walmart.com or belk.com and if you just log on when the sales begin you can avoid all the madness like getting trampled to death in an aisle at wal-mart and often get free shipping as part of the sale...WHO KNEW!!