Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Not for the weak-stomached!


Mikey made it home and we are so glad to have him back! Thank God he was here b/c on Sunday night, the boys woke up within about 20 minutes of each other throwing up in the middle of the night. Sam was in their room and He woke up crying and covered in puke(lovely, huh?). So about the time I get their bed stripped and him all cleaned up and settled watching Yo Gabba Gabba at 3:30 in the morning in the downstairs den, I hear Mikey yelling from our bedroom, " Tiff get in here, Huett's throwing up!!!" (Huett comes and gets in bed with us every night around 3:00 A.M.) Somehow Mikey slept throught the whole ordeal with Sam. Anyway, I run upstairs and poor Huett is covered just as Sam was. Thank goodness the nice salesman at Rooms to Go encouraged us to buy the mattress protectors for both ours and the boys new beds. Money well spent! Anyways I get Huett all cleaned up and settled watching Yo Gabba Gabba and we relax for a few minutes. Then as they are headed back upstairs Huett does it again. Clean-up follows and then back to sleep. They both threw up as soon as they woke up the next morning and then Huett threw up 4 more times and Sam only once. Loads of fun!! Needless to say I was afraid it was Swine Flu but the I came to my senses and by Tuesday they were no more worse for the wear. Kids are so resilient(mommy not so much)But as Mikey (and the guy off of Joe Dirt) would say," You live to play another day!"

*****How could I forget to address the garbage pail kid puking at the beginning of my post. That is so funny b/c the boys are so into spiderman and since I didn't think anyone would want to see a picture of my 2 sons actually doing the deed themselves this is definetly the next best thing. And in a nod to the 1980s how many of us actually did have our own Garbage Pail Kids cards. My mom hated them and I guess now I can see why, but we sure did think they were cool.*****

2 comments:

  1. Bless your heart. Throwing up makes for some rough nights. At least they aren't in baby beds any more. That was the hardest stuff to clean ever. I ended up getting scissors and cutting the ties on Henley's baby bed bumpers one night. haha!
    I hope the little guys are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad the kids are better and boy do I remember garbage pail kids! Well, I didn't until you brought it up! But since you did--- HAHA!

    ReplyDelete