Thursday, May 7, 2009



SO I have to give a shout out to all of the moms out there. But, especially to my own. She is no doubt a supermom which has grown into being a super Gran-Gran! She goes above and beyond what any mom should have to do for her 25 year old daughter and her grand kids and we all love her for it!! I seriously don't know what we would do without her. I'll even speak for Mikey and say that I think she is the best mother-in-law a guy could ask for. People often say they don't see how she keeps up with all of us but she does it without batting an eye. I hope I can be as good a mom and grandmother as she is! I love you mom!! Happy mothers day!



On another note, I can't believe I am the lucky mom of 2 sweet boys with one on the way. Anytime I run into someone from a few years back I can see the shock and surprise spread across their face when I tell them I have been married almost 5 years, have a 3 year old, 2 year old, and one on the way. I must admit, sometimes I look at my sweet boys and think...Are they really mine? Why hasn't anyone shown up to try to take them away? And then I come back to life and realize they are mine. Am I really the one of the 2 people responsible for these children. Mikey and me? That's it? Really?? You have got to be kidding! We should still be 21 years old, going out and still worrying our own parents(and in our minds we still are). How will they grow into well-adjusted productive citizens? Then I realize my parents were a lot younger than we are and they probably felt the same way and with lots of love, attention and prayer, we turned out all right so hopefully the apples won't fall too far from the tree.
People always say I don't know if we're ready to have kids. Who ever really is? Will we ever have enough money? maybe not...will we ever have a good enough job? probably not...but once your children are here everything else becomes secondary to them and what is best for them. You suddenly wonder what you ever did without them or why you ever questioned becoming parents in the first place. So I'll end this long post by saying Happy Mother's day to me! But this is absolutely a job I would do every day for the rest of my life even if there was not a day to celebrate it!

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't trading being GranGran or mother of 3 for anything in the world. The Lord blessed me with Tim, then Trisha, Chad and Tiffany and then Mikey and Jenny and then Huett, Ava, Sam, Teagan, Archer and two more grandchildren soon. Thank you Lord!!!!!

    ReplyDelete