Wednesday, August 26, 2009

BUSTED!

A few weekends ago, my parents and my sister took the kids camping at Oak Mountain. Everyone had a blast, but as you can see here, Sam got a nasty busted lip, bless his heart. He was just walking down down the sidewalk when he tripped and hit the curb with nothing but his mouth. Mom and Trisha said that had he been running, it would've knocked his teeth out. When he fell, there was lots of blood. When he finally calmed down, they called to tell us about it. I got on the phone with Sam and he said," I fall down, I cry, I need you." Talk about making you feel guilty for not being there. A big part of me wanted to go and get him, but I didn't b/c of My hot date with Mikey, to go see Little Texas, but that's a whole other post. Anyway, once he calmed down( and it took a while b/c he wanted his pacifier, but to add insult to injury, he could use it b/c it hurt too) he was fine and eating again so he recovered well and didn't really need his mommy.



Can I just say that this picture really doesn't do the severity of it justice. This pic was a few hours after it happened and I think it must've continued to swell, b/c when I got there the next day, it looked worse than that.

Archer made the trip too. He's such a sweet boy!!

He just plays all day! I hope Charlie has the same temperament


Sam is just trying to eat a cookie with his new big lip



Going for a ride in the bicycle pull-along / stroller. They love this thing. Problem is keeping the adults in good enough shape to pull them around. Dad does a great job though considering his typical bike ride by himself is several miles around town. Ava made the trip too, but somehow, mom and trisha didn't get any pictures of her. Go figure. Mom and dad are planning on taking the kids camping again the weekend after Charlie's born. Hopefully it will be less eventful.





1 comment:

  1. You mean your mother is going to leave Charlie?

    ReplyDelete