Sunday, July 26, 2009

Willy Wonka Sleepover

Huett Michael is very into story-telling right now. He is always asking us to tell him a story. He doesn't care what it's about, but if you make one up and tell it to him, he will remember the names and ask you several days later to tell him that story again. Well, since my stories are completely ridiculous and off-the-wall, I can never remember what I told him, so I am trying to stick to real stories that I can remember. So while we were on our camping trip, laying in our tent, I told him the story of Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory. Well, he loved it and has wanted to hear it 100 times since then which is fine with me since that is one of my all-time favorite movies. Well, after some contemplation, I decided to let him and Ava watch it. So we planned a movie night complete with popcorn and all. Huett sat on the couch and watched the entire thing from start to finish. Ava did pretty good too, she only got up a few times. He thought that it was really neat because all of the stuff I had told him in the story kept happening on screen. He has watched it two more times since then and has sat completely still both times. You just never know what a kid will like. I mean a movie from 1971? I guess like mother like son. At least in this one instance.
Anyway, before we came inside to start the movie, it was raining cats and dogs outside. No thunder and lightning though, which Huett and Ava were quick to point out, so how could I not let them play in the rain. I used to love that too when I was little. I can remember lying in the gutters of our subdivision when we were little when they were flowing like little rivers, and mom just standing by watching us. Those are fond memories.


Singin' in the rain, just singin' in the rain!

Ava was trying to dig in a puddle, the rain from the sky just wasn't enough for her and she jumped in every puddle in the yard.

Mikey and his mom were out on the porch with us. I took 4 pictures in a row and in all four, they look like they

1. are high as a kite

2. have lazy eyes

or

3. are praying

I guess like mother like son...once again.

so, finally, I said OPEN YOUR EYES!! and this is the hilarious picture I get. My husband is such a goob.



Huett kept sticking his toys in the drain pipe and watching them shoot back out with the water!


Needless to say, they were soaked!




Part of me wanted to get out there with them, but I refrained.





Look at all that rain. (my camera lens was fogging up in this picture)




It was a monsoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment